Earlier this month I celebrated my one-year blogging anniversary. Maintaining a blog for a full year has been a fantastic experience that’s broadened my writing horizons. I’m especially grateful for my following, all the wonderful folks who who show up to read my posts week after week. Connecting with all of you has been the best, most unanticipated side of blogging.
So this week, I’d like to learn more about my readers. Recently the Daily Post featured a great prompt that satisfies this objective:
“On the interview show Inside the Actors’ Studio, host James Lipton asks each of his guests the same ten questions. What are your responses?”
Below are the ten questions, and my personal answers. I’d love to read YOUR answers in the comments!
- What is your favorite word? appreciation
- What is your least favorite word? basically
- What turns you on creatively, spiritually or emotionally? A fresh playlist on my iPod
- What turns you off? Arrogance
- What is your favorite curse word? unfortunately, the f-bomb
- What sound or noise do you love? It’s a cliche, but I love the sound of my children’s voices
- What sound or noise do you hate? Someone reaching into a snack bag again and again — the crinkling sound drives me nuts! (weird, I know, but we all have our hang-ups)
- What profession other than your own would you like to attempt? Personal trainer
- What profession would you not like to do? Politics
- If Heaven exists, what would you like to hear God say when you arrive at the Pearly Gates? “Hey! There’s some folks here who’ve been waiting for you!”
Now it’s your turn. How would you answer these questions? Can’t wait to hear from you!